Wednesday 4 May 2011

Garden Chess

As I mentioned previously, my gardening tailed off towards the end of last year... well actually, my gardening stopped, is probably a more apt description! So now, and for the last few months, there has been little growth in the garden. Today as I sat in the sunshine enjoying a nice cup of tea, all I could see was 6 empty veg beds :( 

What a waste of space! 

Shouldn't there be something growing??

So I got my veg books and magazines out, and have now planned out what will grow in the garden till April 2012!! :D Whether it will work out that way remains to be seen! But I feel content that there is at least a plan in place now! Thank you to the designers of GrowVeg.com, I couldn't have done it without you!

... 

Well I probably could, but it would have been more difficult!

On a more positive note, lots of good has been happening in the garden; the shed and fence have finally been painted, the left and right boarders have finally been properly marked out and mulched, a tool rack has been put up in the shed and all the toys/tools/pots that have been lying round the garden have been gathered up and put away.

Also, most of the seeds I recently sowed have begun to grow, so in a week or two my beds will finally have some life in them! Yahoo! I'm really looking forward to some salad leaves fresh from the garden :9 Until then Tescos bagged salads will just have to do.

More seeds that have been sowed are my seed potatoes and some early carrots. I've sown both of these into potato grow bags... Can't see why they can't be used for other veggies other than spuds!?

Well thats all for now.

TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment