Thursday 5 May 2011

Incy Wincy Spider!

As well as the lack of planning, the cold October climate and the 2 foot of snow; there were many another reasons my gardening seriously tailed off in 2010...

Eeeek!
From around September this fellow and his/her big brothers and sisters began stringing their webs between my beautiful vegetables, trees, etc. The one above had a web spanning the path between the shed and one of the front beds and the largest one of all took up residence inside my growhouse. :O

Now although I have seriously reduced my aversion to spiders since producing my offspring (I didn't want them to pick it up from me, like I did from my Mom) I can't help reverting to my original shrieking and leaping out the way when the kids are not around... 

say for instance when I'm in the garden... 

or when they're in bed and one walks across the lounge while I'm watching TV!

Anyway, the reason I mention this now is that I've just had a little potter around the garden to check on progress and happened upon two of these baby garden spiders, already setting up residence and claiming  their dominance over my garden... :(

I also had one crawling over me yesterday as I was enjoying my cup of tea in the sun. Wiyot kindly removed it from my back, while I (as usual when the kids are around) remained perfectly calm, saying I just wanted it off so I didn't accidentally squish it!

Well time to get battling the phobia before the garden again becomes a no go area!


No comments:

Post a Comment