Tuesday 13 April 2010

Belated photo...

So when I said I'd post a photo tomorrow, I guess I should have said "when I get round to it!"

Well, better late than never!

The garden, taken 6th April:


And just so I can easily compare, here's the photo I posted before, taken 10th March:


Not bad hey *very smug grin* :-)

My seedlings are/were doing well... they had a suprise roller coaster ride today when the wind decided it wanted to push my growhouse over :-(

Most seedlings escaped unharmed, a few weren't wearing seatbelts and came out of their modules, but I've scraped them from the floor and replanted them... fingers crossed!

Yesterday I also sowed some carrot seed. I did one row in the right front bed and did some others in toilet roll tubes, from a tip I found on My Zero Waste. Only had eight saved, so will keep collecting and sow my next batch into the new rolls... Unfortunately, the tubes were "safely" sitting in my growhouse when it decided to have a rest. They didn't fair as well as the seedlings... The contents were still intact, but not sure which way up they are supposed to be :-S

Also got my potatoes planted, decided to use planters for them as the beds that I was intending to put them in aren't ready yet, plus plans have changed and I'm not putting the beds how I originally intended...

Here are my updated plans:


Don't know if you can tell, but am now going to take out some of the lawn to make room for four 2x1m beds. I'd originally pland to do two 1x1m beds either side of a 2x1m bed, running paralel to the front two. Well, once I got buying seed, I quickly realised that there was not going to be enough growing space... still not sure that there will be enough, but need to keep some space in the garden for the kids to play in... as long as they're not playing too close to my veggie's!!! lol. Think regular trips to the park may be in order :-S

Well, the extra beds have been ordered as well as the compost to fill them. Have gone for the bulk buy bags this time, works out cheeper and have a better idea of exactly how much soil is needed. Also ordered some bark mulch stuff for the paths between the beds.

BTW sorry for any gross spelling mistakes... it's late and I haven't a clue where the spell check is on here... could copy and paste into Word, but I really can't be bothered at the mo!

3 comments:

  1. You can have too much lawn. Get it all dug up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, it's tempting... maybe next year! Although it's not really a lawn, just a large patch of green weeds with a few blades of grass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning like this always impresses me. I simply couldn't do it!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete