Monday 5 April 2010

New Found Land.

So here it is, my newly uncovered corner of the garden :-)


In fact, the area of fence where the clematis was growing has never before been seen by us!

And today my battle of the brambles continued... I liberated the old washing line post and white planter, only the mini pine tree thing is left to be freed. Again work was halted due to the fact that I could not see what I was doing. Maybe I should invest in one of those spotlights the motorway workmen use... The one's that make you think you're being kidnapped by aliens... Maybe that's just me?

Anyway, I'll post progress pics tomorrow :-)

Here's my onion sets that I planted the other day.


They seem to be doing OK so far, one got pulled up by my three year old, but the birds don't seem to be interested... yet :-S

BTW, they haven't grown that much in 2 days... they'd got impatient waiting for me to plant them out and decided to start without me. To be fair they have been waiting for at least a year...

And here's my mini growhouse, that so far is still standing (it's been pretty windy round here today).



Touch wood, it's doing a good job looking after my little pots of herbs I bought the other day. Not sure it's going to stay in this location, just put it there for the time being...

Also, some of my seed that I sowed Friday night have sprouted! Actually one of them was very excited to be planted and had begun sprouting Saturday morning! Didn't even think that was possible?! Think all the broccoli has sprouted, some of the salad seeds, a couple of cauliflower's and one leek... come on you tomatoes, lupins and lizzie's!! Tried to take some photo's of those, but was a bit dark and kept blurring so will try again tomorrow :-)

2 comments:

  1. There's something magnificent in clearing a space that only the clearer can truly feel. I always do before and after photographs, so I can congratulate myself over that evening beer that always follows a clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ishould do proper before photo's, but i'm always too eager to get started, then remember half way through. If I did do them DH would be able to see better what I've done though, especially in the less obvious areas.

    ReplyDelete